- Ideal candidates for the course would typically possess below:
- Discipline and attentiveness
- Ability to conduct research
- Ability to perform tasks with speed, efficiency, and accuracy
- Analytical judgment
- Patience to interpret technical/scientific data
- A willingness to learn, roll up your sleeves and work toward your dream!
- A computer, tablet or smartphone and an internet connection
- Basic computer skills
- Before you start proceeding with this course on Academy Europe, we are assuming that you have a good aptitude and can think logically. You should want to try something different.
- This course by Academy Europe aims at imparting quality education and training to students.
- Academy Europe is dedicated to its students, their specific learning requirements, and their overall learning success.
- This course is directed toward a student-centered, independent study, asynchronous learning approach.
- After completing this course on Academy Europe, students will get self improvement and promotion in their careers.
- This course is based on at least two learning skills which are provided to the users through audio & visuals, videos, verbal presentations and articles, all of which are asynchronized with distance education approach.
Business Ethics and Corporate Governance Course is based on text and video learning materials by Academy Europe.
For a very long time, there has been a real and a significant need for a good textcourse on business ethics and corporate governance.
This textcourse covers the issues related to corporate governance, business ethics, risk management and ethical decisions.
It tries to answer questions like,
- What is corporate governance?
- What is ethics and business ethics?
- How is risk managed in corporate governance?
This textcourse is primarily intended for students of management in undergraduate, graduate and diploma courses in universities and colleges. However, we know that many such students are already managers anyway, who are undertaking part-time and distance education programmes of study. Hence, this course is written with the manager and the potential manager in mind.
When we look at the general scenario of Continuing Education in our country, we see that there is a tremendous potential and opportunity for providing flexible forms of learning, that complement the professional practices of managers and executives. For instance, when the learning has to be implanted by stand-alone resources (such as this textcourse), one has to devise innovative means of imparting knowledge and skills. We have attempted to do precisely this: by presenting the learning material through a content exposition approach. In this approach, we begin with an introduction to the topic of the unit; then, we outline the learning objectives of the unit; and then we present the details of the contents in simple and easy-to-learn manner. At the end of each unit, we have a summary for quick recollection. Finally, we have carefully posed review questions to check your progress as you complete each unit of learning.
Obviously, how well a job we have done will be determined by you, the reader, as you go through the materials herein. We would be most grateful for critical comments and constructive suggestions to continually improve and refine the learning resources and educational value of this textcourse.
How This Course Is Organized
This course is divided into five units:
This unit explains the ethical concepts and its different models. It also explains the
different ethical theories and role of ethical actions in organizations. In addition, this unit
defines the concept of social responsibility.
This unit discuss ethical behaviour as applicable to organizations. It also explains the
significance of ethical leadership.
This unit discuss the process of decision-making in organizations and the decision making
models. It also discusses the ethical dilemmas faced by organizations and the social
responsibility of business.
This unit deals with ethics in the areas of marketing, finance, human resource management,
and information technology.
This unit gives a general overview of ethical issues in relation to the environment. It
generally discusses the issues of corruption, gender ethics and sexual harassment.
The text and video based courses by Academy Europe are targeted at providing the students with the most important aspects of the theoretical and methodical materials. In addition, these courses will also focus on the philosophical background for the development and use of the theoretical background and are thus to be understood as partly complementary to the material of the course notes. It is assumed and strongly suggested that the students study and become familiar with the course notes.
Empower Academy Europe
Join Academy Europe social media channels on Youtube, Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter and more. Share and like them by using your social media accounts.
Academy Europe presents high-quality formal diplomas, certificates and e-certificates which are formal proof and recognition of accredited online courses. It shows all student’s abilities to learn and achieve high results and is very useful to promote personal career including with CVs, job applications and self improvements.