Terms and Conditions
This agreement applies as between you, the User of Academy Europe Website and Academy Europe Institution and Publishing Ltd., the owner(s) of Academy Europe Website. Academy Europe Website refers www.academyeurope.org and www.academyeurope.eu .Your agreement to comply with and be bound by Clauses 1, 2, 4 – 11 and 15 – 25 of these Terms and Conditions is deemed to occur upon your first use of the Academy Europe Website. Clauses 3 and 12 – 14 apply only to the sale of Services. If you do not agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions, you should stop using the Academy Europe Website immediately.
No part of Academy Europe Website is intended to constitute a contractual offer capable of acceptance. Your order constitutes a contractual offer and Our acceptance of that offer is deemed to occur upon Our sending a confirmation email to you indicating that your order has been accepted.
- Definitions and Interpretation
In this Agreement the following terms shall have the following meanings:
“Account”: means collectively the personal information, Payment Information and credentials used by Users to access Paid Content and / or any communications System on the Academy Europe Website;
“Content”: means any text, graphics, images, audio, video, software, data compilations and any other form of information capable of being stored in a computer that appears on or forms part of Academy Europe Website;
“Facilities”: means collectively any online facilities, tools, services or information that ACADEMY EUROPE INSTITUTION AND PUBLISHING LTD. Ltd makes available through the Academy Europe Website either now or in the future;
“Services”: means the services available to you through this Academy Europe Website, specifically use of the ACADEMY EUROPE INSTITUTION AND PUBLISHING LTD. proprietary e-learning platform;
“Payment Information”: means any details required for the purchase of Services from this Academy Europe Website. This includes, but is not limited to, credit / debit card numbers, bank account numbers and sort codes;
“Premises”: Means Our place(s) of business located at ADDRESS;
“System”: means any online communications infrastructure that ACADEMY EUROPE INSTITUTION AND PUBLISHING LTD. Ltd makes available through the Academy Europe Website either now or in the future. This includes, but is not limited to, web-based email, message boards, live chat facilities and email links;
“User” / “Users”: means any third party that accesses the Academy Europe Website and is not employed by ACADEMY EUROPE INSTITUTION AND PUBLISHING LTD. Ltd and acting in the course of their employment;
“Academy Europe Website”: means the Academy Europe Website that you are currently using (www.academyeurope.org and www.academyeurope.eu ) and any sub-domains of this site (e.g. subdomain.academyeurope.org subdomain.academyeurope.eu) unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions; and
“We/Us/Our”: means ACADEMY EUROPE INSTITUTION AND PUBLISHING LTD. Ltd, a company located in Celler Strasse, Hambühren, Ovelgönne 29314, Germany
- Age Restrictions
Persons under the age of 15 should use this Academy Europe Website only with the supervision of an Adult. Payment Information must be provided by or with the permission of an Adult.
- Business Customers
These Terms and Conditions also apply to customers procuring Services in the course of business.
- Intellectual Property
- 1Subject to the exceptions in Clause 5 of these Terms and Conditions, all Content included on the Academy Europe Website, unless uploaded by Users, including, but not limited to, text, graphics, logos, icons, images, sound clips, video clips, data compilations, page layout, underlying code and software is the property of ACADEMY EUROPE INSTITUTION AND PUBLISHING LTD. Ltd, Our affiliates or other relevant third parties. By continuing to use the Academy Europe Website you acknowledge that such material is protected by applicable Germany and Turkey and International intellectual property and other laws.
- 2Subject to Clause 6 you may not reproduce, copy, distribute, store or in any other fashion re-use material from the Academy Europe Website unless otherwise indicated on the Academy Europe Website or unless given Our express written permission to do so.
- Third Party Intellectual Property
- 1Unless otherwise expressly indicated, all Intellectual Property rights including, but not limited to, Copyright and Trademarks, in product images and descriptions belong to the manufacturers or distributors of such products as may be applicable.
- 2Subject to Clause 6 you may not reproduce, copy, distribute, store or in any other fashion re-use such material unless otherwise indicated on the Academy Europe Website or unless given express written permission to do so by the relevant manufacturer or supplier.
- Fair Use of Intellectual Property
Material from the Academy Europe Website may be re-used without written permission where any of the exceptions detailed in Chapter III of the Copyright Designs and Patents Act 1988 apply.
- Links to Other Academy Europe Websites
This Academy Europe Website may contain links to other sites. Unless expressly stated, these sites are not under the control of ACADEMY EUROPE INSTITUTION AND PUBLISHING LTD. Ltd or that of Our affiliates. We assume no responsibility for the content of such Academy Europe Websites and disclaim liability for any and all forms of loss or damage arising out of the use of them. The inclusion of a link to another site on this Academy Europe Website does not imply any endorsement of the sites themselves or of those in control of them.
- Links to this Academy Europe Website
Those wishing to place a link to this Academy Europe Website on other sites may do so only to the home page of the sites www.academyeurope.org and www.academyeurope.eu without Our prior permission. Deep linking (i.e. links to specific pages within the site) requires Our express written permission. To find out more please contact Us by email at email@example.com or call us in the following number: +49 174 463 12 55 (Germany).
- Use of Communications Facilities
- 1When using any System on the Academy Europe Website you should do so in accordance with the following rules. Failure to comply with these rules may result in your Account being suspended or closed:
- 1.1You must not use obscene or vulgar language;
- 1.2You must not submit Content that is unlawful or otherwise objectionable. This includes, but is not limited to, Content that is abusive, threatening, harassing, defamatory, ageist, sexist or racist;
- 1.3You must not submit Content that is intended to promote or incite violence;
- 1.4It is advised that submissions are made using the English language as We may be unable to respond to enquiries submitted in any other languages;
- 1.5The means by which you identify yourself must not violate these Terms and Conditions or any applicable laws;
- 1.6You must not impersonate other people, particularly employees and representatives of ACADEMY EUROPE INSTITUTION AND PUBLISHING LTD. or Our affiliates; and
- 1.7You must not use Our System for unauthorised mass-communication such as “spam” or “junk mail”.
- 2You acknowledge that ACADEMY EUROPE INSTITUTION AND PUBLISHING LTD. Ltd reserves the right to monitor any and all communications made to Us or using Our System.
- 3You acknowledge that ACADEMY EUROPE INSTITUTION AND PUBLISHING LTD. Ltd may retain copies of any and all communications made to Us or using Our System.
- 4You acknowledge that any information you send to Us through Our System may be modified by Us in any way and you hereby waive your moral right to be identified as the author of such information. Any restrictions you may wish to place upon Our use of such information must be communicated to Us in advance and We reserve the right to reject such terms and associated information.
- 1In order to procure Services on this Academy Europe Website and to use certain other parts of the System, you are required to create an Account which will contain certain personal details and Payment Information which may vary based upon your use of the Academy Europe Website as We may not require payment information until you wish to make a purchase. By continuing to use this Academy Europe Website you represent and warrant that:
- 1.1all information you submit is accurate and truthful;
- 1.2you have permission to submit Payment Information where permission may be required; and
- 1.3you will keep this information accurate and up-to-date. Your creation of an Account is further affirmation of your representation and warranty.
- 2It is recommended that you do not share your Account details, particularly your username and password. We accept no liability for any losses or damages incurred as a result of your Account details being shared by you. If you use a shared computer, it is recommended that you do not save your Account details in your internet browser.
- 3If you have reason to believe that your Account details have been obtained by another person without consent, you should contact us immediately to suspend your Account and cancel any unauthorised orders or payments that may be pending. Please be aware that orders or payments can only be cancelled up until provision of Services has commenced. In the event that an unauthorised provision commences prior to your notifying Us of the unauthorised nature of the order or payment then you shall be charged for the period from the commencement of the provision of services until the date you notified us and may be charged for a billing cycle of one month.
- 4When choosing your username you are required to adhere to the terms set out above in Clause 9. Any failure to do so could result in the suspension and/or deletion of your Account.
- Termination and Cancellation of Accounts
- 1Either ACADEMY EUROPE INSTITUTION AND PUBLISHING LTD. Ltd or you may terminate your Account. If We terminate your Account, you will be notified by email and an explanation for the termination will be provided. Notwithstanding the foregoing, We reserve the right to terminate without giving reasons.
- 2If We terminate your Account, any current or pending orders or payments on your Account will be cancelled and provision of Services will not commence.
- Services, Pricing and Availability
- 1Whilst every effort has been made to ensure that all general descriptions of Services available from ACADEMY EUROPE INSTITUTION AND PUBLISHING LTD. Ltd correspond to the actual Services that will be provided to you, We are not responsible for any variations from these descriptions as the exact nature of the Services may vary depending on your individual requirements and circumstances. This does not exclude Our liability for mistakes due to negligence on Our part and refers only to variations of the correct Services, not different Services all together. Please refer to sub-Clause 13.8 for incorrect Services.
- 2Where appropriate, you may be required to select the required Plan of Services.
- 3We neither represent nor warrant that such Services will be available at all times and cannot necessarily confirm availability until confirming your Order. Availability indications are not provided on the Academy Europe Website.
- 4All pricing information on the Academy Europe Website is correct at the time of going online. We reserve the right to change prices and alter or remove any special offers from time to time and as necessary.
- 5In the event that prices are changed during the period between an order being placed for Services and Us processing that order and taking payment, then the price that was valid at the time of the order shall be used.
- 6All prices on the Academy Europe Website do not include VAT. In accordance with HM Revenue & Customs VAT Notice 700/1 (February 2014) and supplements thereof, ACADEMY EUROPE INSTITUTION AND PUBLISHING LTD. Ltd is not yet liable for VAT and therefore not VAT registered and does not possess a VAT number.
- Orders and Provision of Services
- 1No part of this Academy Europe Website constitutes a contractual offer capable of acceptance. Your order constitutes a contractual offer that We may, at Our sole discretion, accept. Our acceptance is indicated by Us sending to you an order confirmation email. Only once We have sent you an order confirmation email will there be a binding contract between ACADEMY EUROPE INSTITUTION AND PUBLISHING LTD. Ltd and you.
- 2Order confirmations under sub-Clause 13.1 will be sent to you before the Services begin and shall contain the following information:
- 2.1Confirmation of the Services ordered including full details of the main characteristics of those Services;
- 2.2Fully itemised pricing for the Services ordered including, where appropriate, taxes, delivery and other additional charges;
- 2.3Relevant times and dates for the provision of the Services;
- 2.4User credentials and relevant information for accessing those services.
- 3If We, for any reason, do not accept your order, no payment shall be taken under normal circumstances. In any event, any sums paid by you in relation to that order will be refunded within 14 calendar days.
- 4Payment for the Services shall be taken via your chosen payment method, immediately for any setup fee that corresponds to the service plan you purchased and at the same day of each subsequent month (“billing cycle”) for charges accrued during the previous month (“billing cycle”) AND/OR as indicated in the order confirmation you received.
- 5We aim to fulfill your Order within 2-3 working days or if not, within a reasonable period following your Order, unless there are exceptional circumstances. If we cannot fulfill your Order within a reasonable period, we will inform you at the time you place the Order by a note on the relevant web page or by contacting you directly after you place your Order. Time is not of the essence of the Contract, which means we will aim to fulfill your Order within any agreed timescales but this is not an essential term of the Contract and we will not be liable to you if we do not do so. If the Services are to begin within 14 calendar days of Our acceptance of your order, at your express request, you will be required to expressly acknowledge that your statutory cancellation rights, detailed below in Clause 14, will be affected.
- 6ACADEMY EUROPE INSTITUTION AND PUBLISHING LTD. Ltd shall use all Our reasonable endeavours to provide the Services with reasonable skill and care, commensurate with best trade practice.
- 7In the event that Services are provided that are not in conformity with your order and thus incorrect, you should contact Us immediately to inform Us of the mistake. We will ensure that any necessary corrections are made within five (5) working days.
Additional terms and conditions may apply to the provision of certain Services. You will be asked to read and confirm your acceptance of any such terms and conditions when completing your Order.
- 8ACADEMY EUROPE INSTITUTION AND PUBLISHING LTD. provides technical support via our online support forum and/or phone. ACADEMY EUROPE INSTITUTION AND PUBLISHING LTD. makes any effort possible to respond to support requests within 60 minutes during European business hours (9am to 5pm ECT), but we do not guarantee a particular response time.
- Cancellation of Orders and Services
We want you to be completely satisfied with the Products or Services you order from ACADEMY EUROPE INSTITUTION AND PUBLISHING LTD. Ltd. If you need to speak to us about your Order, then please contact customer care on +49 174 463 12 55 (Germany), or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at our address (see section 1 above). You may cancel an Order that we have accepted or cancel the Contract. If any Specific Terms accompanying the Service contain terms about cancelling the Service, the cancellation policy in the Specific Terms will apply.
- 1If you are a consumer based within the European Union, you have a statutory right to a “cooling off” period. This period begins once your order is confirmed and the contract between ACADEMY EUROPE INSTITUTION AND PUBLISHING LTD. Ltd and you is formed and ends at the end of 14 calendar days after that date. If you change your mind about the Services within this period and wish to cancel your order, please inform Us immediately using the following email: email@example.com. Your right to cancel during the cooling off period is subject to the provisions of sub-Clause 14.2.
- 2As specified in sub-Clause 13.6, if the Services are to begin within the cooling off period you are required to make an express request to that effect. By requesting that the Services begin within the 14 calendar day cooling off period you acknowledge and agree to the following:
- 2.1If the Services are fully performed within the 14 calendar day cooling off period, you will lose your right to cancel after the Services are complete.
- 2.2If you cancel the Services after provision has begun but is not yet complete you will still be required to pay for the Services supplied up until the point at which you inform Us that you wish to cancel. The amount due shall be calculated in proportion to the full price of the Services and the actual Services already provided. Any sums that have already been paid for the Services shall be refunded subject to deductions calculated in accordance with the foregoing. Refunds, where applicable, will be issued within 5 working days and in any event no later than 14 calendar days after you inform Us that you wish to cancel.
- 3Cancellation of Services after the 14 calendar day cooling off period has elapsed shall be subject to the specific terms governing those Services and may be subject to a minimum contract duration.
- How We Use Your Personal Information (Data Protection)
- 1All personal information that We may collect (including, but not limited to, your name and address) will be collected, used and held in accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998 and your rights under that Act.
- 2We may use your personal information to:
- 2.1Provide Our Services to you;
- 2.2Process your payment for the Services; and
- 2.3Inform you of new products and services available from Us. You may request that We stop sending you this information at any time.
- 3In certain circumstances (if, for example, you wish to purchase Services on credit), and with your consent, We may pass your personal information on to credit reference agencies. These agencies are also bound by the Data Protection Act 1998 and should use and hold your personal information accordingly.
- 4We will not pass on your personal information to any other third parties without first obtaining your express permission.
- 1We make no warranty or representation that the Academy Europe Website will meet your requirements, that it will be of satisfactory quality, that it will be fit for a particular purpose, that it will not infringe the rights of third parties, that it will be compatible with all systems, that it will be secure and that all information provided will be accurate. We make no guarantee of any specific results from the use of our Service or Services.
- 2No part of this Academy Europe Website is intended to constitute advice and the Content of this Academy Europe Website should not be relied upon when making any decisions or taking any action of any kind.
- 3No part of this Academy Europe Website is intended to constitute a contractual offer capable of acceptance.
- 4Whilst We use reasonable endeavours to ensure that the Academy Europe Website is secure and free of errors, viruses and other malware, you are strongly advised to take responsibility for your own internet security, that of your personal details and your computers.
- Changes to the Facilities and these Terms and Conditions
We reserve the right to change the Academy Europe Website, its Content or these Terms and Conditions at any time. You will be bound by any changes to the Terms and Conditions from the first time you use the Academy Europe Website following the changes. If We are required to make any changes to these Terms and Conditions by law, these changes will apply automatically to any orders currently pending in addition to any orders placed by you in the future.
- Availability of the Academy Europe Website
- 1The Academy Europe Website is provided “as is” and on an “as available” basis. ACADEMY EUROPE INSTITUTION AND PUBLISHING LTD. uses industry best practices to provide a high uptime, including a fault-tolerant architecture hosted in cloud servers. We give no warranty that the Academy Europe Website or Facilities will be free of defects and / or faults and we do not provide any kind of refund for outages. We provide no warranties (express or implied) of fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy of information, compatibility and satisfactory quality.
- 2We accept no liability for any disruption or non-availability of the Academy Europe Website resulting from external causes including, but not limited to, ISP equipment failure, host equipment failure, communications network failure, power failure, natural events, acts of war or legal restrictions and censorship.
- Limitation of Liability
- 1To the maximum extent permitted by law, We accept no liability for any direct or indirect loss or damage, foreseeable or otherwise, including any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of the Academy Europe Website or any information contained therein. You should be aware that you use the Academy Europe Website and its Content at your own risk.
- 2Nothing in these Terms and Conditions excludes or restricts ACADEMY EUROPE INSTITUTION AND PUBLISHING LTD.’s liability for death or personal injury resulting from any negligence or fraud on the part of ACADEMY EUROPE INSTITUTION AND PUBLISHING LTD.
- 3Nothing in these Terms and Conditions excludes or restricts ACADEMY EUROPE INSTITUTION AND PUBLISHING LTD.’s liability for any direct or indirect loss or damage arising out of the incorrect provision of Services or out of reliance on incorrect information included on the Academy Europe Website.
- 4In the event that any of these terms are found to be unlawful, invalid or otherwise unenforceable, that term is to be deemed severed from these Terms and Conditions and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining Terms and Conditions. This term shall apply only within jurisdictions where a particular term is illegal.
- No Waiver
In the event that any party to these Terms and Conditions fails to exercise any right or remedy contained herein, this shall not be construed as a waiver of that right or remedy.
- Previous Terms and Conditions
In the event of any conflict between these Terms and Conditions and any prior versions thereof, the provisions of these Terms and Conditions shall prevail unless it is expressly stated otherwise.
- Third Party Rights
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall confer any rights upon any third party. The agreement created by these Terms and Conditions is between you and ACADEMY EUROPE INSTITUTION AND PUBLISHING LTD.
- 1All notices / communications shall be given to Us either by post to Our Premises (see address above) or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org Such notice will be deemed received 3 days after posting if sent by first class post, the day of sending if the email is received in full on a business day and on the next business day if the email is sent on a weekend or public holiday.
- 2We may from time to time, if you opt to receive it, send you information about Our products and/or services. If you do not wish to receive such information, please click on the ‘Unsubscribe’ link in any email which you receive from Us.
- Law and Jurisdiction
These Terms and Conditions and the relationship between you and ACADEMY EUROPE INSTITUTION AND PUBLISHING LTD. Ltd shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the Law of Germany and Turkey and ACADEMY EUROPE INSTITUTION AND PUBLISHING LTD. Ltd and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Germany.